Creating Policy Changes to Benefit Small Businesses written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing
Today’s guest on the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Karen Kerrigan, CEO and president of the Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council.
Kerrigan has been leading the organization for more than 26 years, where she advocates for entrepreneurs and small business owners across the country. She regularly testifies before the U.S. Congress on issues impacting entrepreneurs, small businesses, investment, and the economy.
She has also been appointed to numerous federal advisory boards including the National Women’s Business Council, the U.S.-Iraq Business Dialog, the U.S. Treasury’s Taxpayer Advisory Panel, and the National Advisory Committee for Labor Provisions of U.S. Free Trade Agreements.
Additionally, she is the chair of the newly-formed Small Business Roundtable, a group of leading small business and entrepreneurship organizations working to advance policy, secure access, and promote inclusion to benefit those small businesses that play such a vital role in the fabric of American society.
Kerrigan stops by the podcast to talk about her work with SBE Council, what she sees as some of the biggest legislative and regulatory hurdles for small business owners, and what her organizations are doing to build an environment that helps entrepreneurs create and scale successful businesses.
Questions I ask Karen Kerrigan:
- What is the primary charge of the SBE Council?
- Where do you see the future of healthcare (and related legislation) headed?
- Are there any policies or legislation that you’re working on right now that are hot for you because you feel like they’re really holding small businesses back?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How the work of the SBE Council directly benefits small business owners across the country.
- How legislation help businesses find access to the skilled workers they need to scale.
- What the SBE Council is doing to help small businesses get access to capital.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Karen Kerrigan:
- Learn more about Karen Kerrigan and the Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council
- Learn about the Small Business Roundtable
- Follow on Twitter
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by LinkedIn Marketing Solutions. In today’s world of a million messages a minute, how do you capture someone’s attention?
LinkedIn empowers you to speak with the right professionals at the right time. With over 62 million decision-makers on LinkedIn, any business—big or small—can use LinkedIn ads to ensure their messaging is being seen by the people that matter to them.
LinkedIn ads help do more than just build awareness. They drive traffic and engagement, too, for everything from downloads of thought leadership pieces to registration for upcoming events. LinkedIn ads help small businesses get big results.
Try it for yourself. LinkedIn is offering a free $100 LinkedIn ad credit to launch your first campaign. Visit LinkedIn.com/DuctTape to learn more. Terms and conditions apply.